Terms of Service
1. About the Website
- Welcome to separatetogether.com.au (the ‘Website‘). The Website provides you with an opportunity to browse and purchase various Eproducts and services that have been listed for sale through the Website (the ‘Products‘). The Website provides this service by way of granting you access to the content on the Website (the ‘Purchase Services‘).
- The Website is operated by Separate Together Pty Ltd trading as Separate Together (ACN 615 855 420). Access to and use of the Website, or any of its associated Products or Services, is provided by Separate Together. Please read these terms and conditions (the ‘Terms‘) carefully. By using, browsing and/or reading the Website, this signifies that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Terms. If you do not agree with the Terms, you must cease usage of the Website, or any of Services, immediately.
- Separate Together reserves the right to review and change any of the Terms by updating this page at its sole discretion. When Separate Together updates the Terms, it will use reasonable endeavours to provide you with notice of updates to the Terms. Any changes to the Terms take immediate effect from the date of their publication.
2. Acceptance of the Terms
- You accept the Terms by remaining on the Website. You may also accept the Terms by clicking to accept or agree to the Terms where this option is made available to you by Separate Together in the user interface.
- In using the Purchase Services to purchase the Product through the Website, you will agree to the payment of the purchase price listed on the Website for the Product (the ‘Purchase Price‘).
- Payment of the Purchase Price may be made through direct deposit, credit card or eWay (the ‘Payment Gateway Providers‘)
- Following payment of the Purchase Price being confirmed by Separate Together, you will be issued with a receipt to confirm that the payment has been received and Separate Together may record your purchase details for future use.
- Refunds and Cancellations
- Documents: Separate Together may, at its discretion, provide a refund on the return of the Products within 7 days where the Product does not meet your requirements. You acknowledge and agree that you are liable for any administration costs associated with any refund pursuant to this clause. Refunds will not be given on a change of mind basis.
- Webinars: Separate Together will not under any circumstance provide a refund for the live webinar Product. If you are unable to attend the live webinar that you have registered for, you will be unable to access the recorded webinar replacement. Separate Together may at its sole discretion provide a recorded webinar in lieu of a live webinar in the case that it is unable to provide the live webinar.
- Separate Together’ Products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure of the Product and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the Products repaired or replaced if the Products fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure (the ‘Warranty‘).
- In order to make a Warranty Claim during the Warranty Period, you must provide proof of purchase to Separate Together showing the date of purchase of the Products, provide a description of the Products and the price paid for the Products by sending written notice to Separate Together by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where the Warranty Claim is accepted then Separate Together will, at its sole discretion, either repair or replace any defective Products or part thereof with a new or re-drafted equivalent during the Warranty Period at no charge to you for the time take to do so. You acknowledge and agree that you will be solely liable for any administration costs incurred in facilitating the Warranty Claim.
- The Warranty shall be the sole and exclusive warranty granted by Separate Together and shall be the sole and exclusive remedy available to you in addition to other rights and under a law in relation to the Products to which this warranty relates.
- All implied warranties including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for use are limited to the Warranty Period.
5. Copyright and Intellectual Property
- The Website, and all of the related products of Separate Together are subject to copyright. The material on the Website is protected by copyright under the laws of Australia and through international treaties. Unless otherwise indicated, all rights (including copyright) in the site content and compilation of the website (including text, graphics, logos, button icons, video images, audio clips and software) (the ‘Content‘) are owned or controlled for these purposes, and are reserved by Separate Together or its contributors. Documents for sale on the website may be downloaded by you once purchased, provided to a lawyer or legal advisor for review and amendment and personal reuse only.
- Separate Together retains all rights, title and interest in and to the Website and all related content. Nothing you do on or in relation to the Website will transfer to you:
- the business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark, industrial design, patent, registered design or copyright of Separate Together; or
- the right to use or exploit a business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark or industrial design; or
- a system or process that is the subject of a patent, registered design or copyright (or an adaptation or modification of such a system or process).
- You may not, without the prior written permission of Separate Together and the permission of any other relevant rights owners: broadcast, republish, up-load to a third party, transmit, post, distribute, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the Content or third party content for any purpose. This includes documents available for sale on the Website which are solely for personal use under a licence made available by Separate Together. You are not permitted to reuse the documents for any other purposes, nor to provide the documents to third parties to reuse or to benefit from (or attempt to benefit from) the documents in a commercial manner. This prohibition does not extend to materials on the Website, which are freely available for re-use or are in the public domain.
7. General Disclaimer
- You acknowledge that Separate Together does not make any terms, guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions whatsoever regarding the Products other than provided for pursuant to these Terms.
- You acknowledge and are aware that the document(s) that you may download from the Website may contain mistakes and/or errors and/or inaccuracies (‘errors’). Separate Together will not be liable for such errors. You are responsible for correcting any errors and ensuring that the document(s) that you have accessed, created and/or downloaded through the Website is appropriate for your circumstances. Separate Together recommends seeking legal advice in relation to the use of document(s).
- Separate Together will make every effort to ensure a Product is accurately depicted on the Website, however, you acknowledge that colours and design and other characteristics may differ from what is displayed on the Website.
- Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes any guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions implied or imposed by law, including the Australian Consumer Law (or any liability under them) which by law may not be limited or excluded.
- Subject to this clause, and to the extent permitted by law:
- all terms, guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions which are not expressly stated in these Terms are excluded; and
- Separate Together will not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage (unless such loss or damage is reasonably foreseeable resulting from our failure to meet an applicable Consumer Guarantee), loss of profit or opportunity, or damage to goodwill arising out of or in connection with the Purchase Services or these Terms (including as a result of not being able to use the Purchase Services or the late supply of the Purchase Services), whether at common law, under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, pursuant to statute or otherwise.
- Use of the Website, the Purchase Services, and any of the products of Separate Together is at your own risk. Everything on the Website, the Purchase Services, and the Products of Separate Together, are provided to you on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without warranty or condition of any kind. None of the affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers or licensors of Separate Together make any express or implied representation or warranty about its Content or any products or Purchase Services (including the products or Purchase Services of Separate Together) referred to on the Website. This includes (but is not restricted to) loss or damage you might suffer as a result of any of the following:
- failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure to correct defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to records;
- the accuracy, suitability or currency of any information on the Website, the Purchase Service, or any of its Content related products (including third party material and advertisements on the Website);
- costs incurred as a result of you using the Website, the Purchase Services or any of the Products;
- the Content or operation in respect to links which are provided for the User’s convenience;
- any failure to complete a transaction, or any loss arising from e-commerce transacted on the Website; or
- any defamatory, threatening, offensive or unlawful conduct of third parties or publication of any materials relating to or constituting such conduct.
8. Limitation of Liability
- Separate Together’ total liability arising out of or in connection with the Purchase Services or these Terms, however arising, including under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, under statute or otherwise, will not exceed the most recent Purchase Price paid by you under these Terms or where you have not paid the Purchase Price, then the total liability of Separate Together is the resupply of information or Purchase Services to you.
- You expressly understand and agree that Separate Together, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers and licensors shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential or exemplary damages which may be incurred by you, however caused and under any theory of liability. This shall include, but is not limited to, any loss of profit (whether incurred directly or indirectly), any loss of goodwill or business reputation and any other intangible loss.
- Separate Together is not responsible or liable in any manner for any site content (including the Content and Third Party Content) posted on the Website or in connection with the Purchase Services, whether posted or caused by users of the website of Separate Together, by third parties or by any of the Purchase Services offered by Separate Together.
- Any information or documents provided on the Website does not constitute legal advice. The documents provided for sale on the Website are generated by automated software and are for informational purposes only. The documents available for purchase are a limited legal service only, and are cannot be treated as any other type of legal service. Separate Together recommends you seek independent legal advice prior to using the document(s) in any way. Separate Together will not be liable in any way for your use of the document(s) or your reliance on the document(s).
- You agree to indemnify Separate Together, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers and licensors from and against:
- all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, loss and damage (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) incurred, suffered or arising out of or in connection with any Content you post through the Website;
- any direct or indirect consequences of you accessing, using or transacting on the Website or attempts to do so and any breach by you or your agents of these Terms; and/or
- any breach of the Terms.
10. Dispute Resolution
If a dispute arises out of or relates to the Terms, either party may not commence any Tribunal or Court proceedings in relation to the dispute, unless the following clauses have been complied with (except where urgent interlocutory relief is sought).
A party to the Terms claiming a dispute (‘Dispute‘) has arisen under the Terms, must give written notice to the other party detailing the nature of the dispute, the desired outcome and the action required to settle the Dispute.
On receipt of that notice (‘Notice‘) by that other party, the parties to the Terms (‘Parties‘) must:
- Within 7 days of the Notice endeavour in good faith to resolve the Dispute expeditiously by negotiation or such other means upon which they may mutually agree;
- If for any reason whatsoever, 7 days after the date of the Notice, the Dispute has not been resolved, the Parties must either agree upon selection of a mediator or request that an appropriate mediator be appointed by the President of The Australian Capital Territory Law Society or his or her nominee;
- The Parties are equally liable for the fees and reasonable expenses of a mediator and the cost of the venue of the mediation and without limiting the foregoing undertake to pay any amounts requested by the mediator as a pre-condition to the mediation commencing. The Parties must each pay their own costs associated with the mediation;
- The mediation will be held at a location to be agreed between the parties.
All communications concerning negotiations made by the Parties arising out of and in connection with this dispute resolution clause are confidential and to the extent possible, must be treated as “without prejudice” negotiations for the purpose of applicable laws of evidence.
11. Venue and Jurisdiction
- The Purchase Services offered by Separate Together is intended to be viewed by residents of Australia. In the event of any dispute arising out of or in relation to the Website, you agree that the exclusive venue for resolving any dispute shall be in the courts of the Australian Capital Territory, Australia.
12. Governing Law
- The Terms are governed by the laws of the Australian Capital Territory, Australia. Any dispute, controversy, proceeding or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to the Terms and the rights created hereby shall be governed, interpreted and construed by, under and pursuant to the laws of the Australian Capital Territory, Australia, without reference to conflict of law principles, notwithstanding mandatory rules. The validity of this governing law clause is not contested. The Terms shall be binding to the benefit of the parties hereto and their successors and assigns.
13. Independent Legal Advice
- Both parties confirm and declare that the provisions of the Terms are fair and reasonable and both parties having taken the opportunity to obtain independent legal advice and declare the Terms are not against public policy on the grounds of inequality or bargaining power or general grounds of restraint of trade.
- No Lawyer-Client Relationship
- Any use of the website and/or the document(s) is not intended to, and does not, create a lawyer-client relationship. Any communication via the Website may not be held confidential and are not bound by legal professional privilege.
- If any part of these Terms is found to be void or unenforceable by a Court of competent jurisdiction, that part shall be severed and the rest of the Terms shall remain in force.