Separation & Divorce 101
Your introduction into how you can make your separation official, quickly and easily.
Separated, don’t know where to start?
Is the process to separate really as hard and complicated as it seems?
Do you have to use a lawyer?
Separation & Divorce 101 is a two hour interactive workshop presented by collaboratively trained, award winning divorce lawyer, Siobhan Mullins.
- Get an understanding about the legal framework to help you reach an agreement with your partner
- Learn how and when to involve lawyers—if at all
- Get clear on the AMICABLE method to avoid conflict with your partner and going to court
- Develop a personalised blue print next steps action plan to progress your separation
|Get clear on the divorce & separation process to reach a separation agreement with your partner.||
|Prepare and sign the paperwork to make your agreement official. Get advice.||
|Make your agreement legal and binding. Implement it and go your separate ways.|
What you get
- 2 hour content filled, interactive presentation workshop
- Separation & Divorce 101 Workbook, including resources and practical exercises
- Presented by award winning lawyer and founder of Australia’s leading online family law firm
- BONUS copy of the best selling book, Splitting Up Together: The How-to for an AMICABLE Divorce
- You want clarity about the steps involved to make your separation, including any agreements, official
- You want to feel and be in control of the process
- You prioritise your and your partner’s financial well-being and want to avoid expensive lawyers and court
- You value understanding relevant information
- Plain English, engaging presentation & workshop
- Take home workbook with practical how-to exercises to complete
- Centrally located (inner South), close to public transport and with easy onsite parking
- Convenient after work hours
- Relaxed, small group setting
- Presented by an experienced collaboratively trained divorce lawyer
- Affordable, with discounts for two person-registrations
- Attend with your partner
Plus $50 from every registration is donated to B1G1 (which stands for Buy 1 Give 1). B1G1 is a global giving platform which develops projects consistent with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
Bring your a-game. Be switched on and ready to learn because this interactive workshop will be value packed with information that will help you towards making your separation official.
Read Chapter 1 of Splitting Up Together, which you can download for free. This plain English chapter gives you a gentle introduction into the separation process.
Whether you’re thinking about separating, you’ve recently separated or you’ve been separated for a while, this presentation workshop will be invaluable to you anywhere along the separation journey.
No, there is no requirement to attend with your partner. You might prefer to come along by yourself and if you know someone else experiencing separation, consider inviting them to come along too.
No. This is a presentation of information only. No legal advice will be given. No solicitor-client relationship has been or will be established by virtue of you registering to attend this workshop.
There is underground parking available at the venue, as well as plenty of parking on the street. East Hotel is also directly across the road from the Giles Street bus stop and is less than a 5-10 minute walk to Manuka and Kingston, which offer more bus services. Visit Google maps for more information.