Join Us–Jobs Board
With rapid growth and plans for expansion, we’re on the look out for amazing new team members to join us!
Be a part of a multi award-winning business revolutionising how couples experience separation, so they can achieve the very best outcomes for them and their family.
We are Separate Together, a predominantly online family law firm based in Canberra, working with individuals and couples from across Australia to make the complexity and anxiety of separating simple and easy so that couples can achieve the very best outcomes for them and their family.
If you’d like to join Team Separate Together, email us your resume and a cover letter sharing with us how your previous experience and your personality matches this role’s expectations.
We look forward to working with you.
- Prepare a cover letter addressing how your previous experience and personality suits this role’s expectations.
- In your cover letter, include anything else that you want to share with us or which you think is important for us to know when reading your application.
- Email your cover and resume to email@example.com
Applications that are not emailed as above will not be considered.
Work as a lawyer in a space that facilitates beautiful, joyful and meaningful outcomes for Australian families in what is an already difficult, emotional and vulnerable time for them.
You’re over traditional lawyering—the stress of billables, long hours, dealing with uncertainty, litigation and other people’s problems.
You want to continue working as a family lawyer because you’re passionate about helping people and you love what you do. You’re at the stage where you have a family or value your personal life, which you want to grow and enjoy living.
Day to Day Tasks
- Independent legal advice appointments
- Drafting and amendments to legal documents
- Email and letter correspondence
- Answering and responding to phone call enquiries
- Client onboarding and meetings (face to face & online)
- Diary management
- Meeting and greeting clients
- Taking meeting notes (team)
- Event organisations
More about the Position
- Opportunity to progress into a second in charge role (2IC)
- Permanent fulltime
- Collaborative training provided and paid for
- CPD paid for
- Subject to conditions, if relocating from interstate, potential relocation costs
- Never take your work home with you
- Enjoy a career, with room for your private life
- Long term position, with the opportunity to evolve and grow your career
- Join a team helping people to make positive life changing decisions that impact future generations
- Flexible hours
- Opportunity for professional growth, development and training
- Be a part of a rapidly growing multi award-winning business
- Leverage off existing processes and systems that will support and help you become a better lawyer
You are expected to:
- Learn and know everything about our products and the problems we solve. (Fear not—we provide the training).
- Meet and greet clients with your warm, sensitive and personable nature.
- Have great listening and communication skills so that you can provide important and relevant information to enquiries over the phone and by email. (We provide hand hold support and training on the how-to).
- Have brilliant attention to detail, time management skills and excellent spelling, punctuation and grammatical skills.
- Draft legal agreements (eg. Parenting and Financial Consent Orders, BFAs, Parenting Plans, BCSA, LCSA) and provide independent legal advice
- Be a team player because we’re a small team, who care about one another and follow through on your commitments, be reliable, consistent and take initiative.
- Know how to navigate Microsoft Office–Outlook, Calendar, Bookings, Sharepoint and Microsoft Teams. (We’ll help you with this).