Frequently Asked Questions

Can you act my partner and I together?

If you’ve got an agreement and you just want the legal paperwork to make it official, we can help.

We can’t give you legal advice about the agreement reached, the drafting of the documents and your rights, entitlements and obligations under the Family Law Act 1975 (Cth) and other legislation that might be applicable to you.

Can you act for me alone?

Yes. You can engage us one on one, in which case we can provide you with independent legal advice. 

How long does the process take to get the agreement formalised?

It depends on the service option you choose.

You can purchase a draft legal document tailored to you and your circumstances and receive it immediately once you’ve paid. It’s then up to you to finalise, sign and lodge with the Court (if relevant).

If you engage us to prepare your draft agreement paperwork, our turnaround time is generally one week. For an additional fee, you can opt for a 48 hour turnaround.

If your agreement is to be submitted to the Court (Parenting or Financial Consent Orders), it can take upwards of six weeks depending on your local Family Court Registry.

Why are your fees so affordable compared to other lawyers?

We operate the firm online, which means that we don’t have the same overheads as traditional lawyers. We made the decision to pass those savings onto you. That is what makes us affordable.

What options do we have to formalise our financial separation agreement?

We specialise in formalising financial separation agreements in Financial Consent Orders. This is basically a paperwork exercise where the Court makes the agreement into Court Orders. No-one attends Court.

The other way to formalise your financial separation agreement is to enter into a Binding Financial Agreement. You and your partner have to get legal advice in order to enter into the agreement. In our experience, it is generally a more expensive, complicated and time consuming way of formalising an agreement.

How can I apply for a joint divorce?

You can purchase a draft joint Application for Divorce from our Online Store. You’ll need to follow the suggested instructions on how to finalise, sign and lodge with the Court in person. Alternatively, register with the Commonwealth Court’s portal and follow the prompts to lodge your joint divorce online.

You can engage us to prepare your joint Application for Divorce, in which case we’ll facilitate it being submitted electronically with the Court.

How can I apply for a divorce on my own?

Contact us for a fixed price to apply for divorce solely.

Do we have to formalise our parenting agreement?

There is no legal requirement to formalise your separation parenting agreement. There can be benefits to doing so though.

What options do we have to formalise our parenting agreement?

If you did want to make your parenting separation agreement official, you can do it in a Parenting Plan or Parenting Consent Orders.

We've prepared our own agreement documents. Can you check them?


If you’ve prepared your agreement documents and you wish for us to review them to double check whether the Family Court will accept them (as applicable), then send through what you’ve prepared and we’ll get back to you with a Fixed Price for the scope of work that you’d like us to do.