Separate Together specialises in helping couples and individuals to separate and divorce amicably.
We break down the process of what needs to happen to make your separation official, including any agreements. We help you get clear on what needs to be agreed, your options to reach an agreement with your partner that don’t involve court, and the paperwork to make it all official so that you can reap the financial and emotional benefits.
We know that the process to separate and divorce can have devastating long term effects on couples and families when lawyers and high conflict become involved. This is why we’re in the business of helping you to experience the process in a different and positive way.
Even before separating, people feel overwhelmed about what’s involved and the road they’re considering embarking on. They believe the process to be too hard and complicated for them to DIY, and that they have to use a lawyer. We’ve created a solution to these problems and people’s deep fear of ending up in court with high conflict, expensive lawyers and a drawn out process.
We leverage technology and have created easy to understand step by step instructions and handbooks to help you to get clear on the process and learn just how simple it is for you to DIY your divorce and separation, without lawyer involvement.
We are an award winning law firm known for leaving our clients feeling proud that they’ve divorced with dignity. Our clients have described the experience in working with us as “easy”, “less stressful” and “simple”. Some of them refer to us as the “amicable divorce lawyers”.
Based in Canberra, we work with people from across Australia and those living overseas who want their separation to be recognised in Australia.
Founder, Siobhan Mullins
Founder, Siobhan Mullins is a best selling author and multi-award winning, collaboratively trained divorce consultant (lawyer).
The majority of couples don’t need ongoing lawyer involvement or need to go to court. By helping separating couples get clear on the process to make their separation and any agreements official and the principles guiding appropriate financial and parenting outcomes, we’re able to not only make the experience easier, but also reduce the affects that the family unit breakdown has on couples and their kids.
Siobhan believes that there is an incredible power at the intersection of helping people through education about the separation process and doing it in a unique and different way. Siobhan’s tried and tested AMICABLE Method is detailed in her bestselling book, Splitting Up Together: The How-to for an AMICABLE Divorce.
- 2019 Lawyers Weekly 30 Under 30 – Family Law Winner
- 2019 Australian Law Awards – Sole Practitioner of the Year Winner
- 2019 Australasian Lawyer Special Report – Leading Innovative Firm Winner
- 2019 Doyles Guide – Recommended Family Lawyer Canberra
- 2019 Lawyers Weekly – NewLaw Firm of the Year Finalist
- 2018 Business News Australia – Young Entrepreneur of Australia Finalist
- 2018 Lawyers Weekly Women in Law – Sole Practitioner of the Year Finalist
- 2018 Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards – Sole Practitioner of the Year Finalist
- 2018 Canberra Women in Business – Business Innovator Finalist
- 2018 ACT Women Lawyers Award – Woman Lawyer of the Year (Private) Nominee
- 2018 ACT Women Lawyers Award – Firm/Organisation of the Year Nominee
- 2017 Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards – Innovator of the Year Finalist
- 2017 Lawyers Weekly Legal Website Awards – Design Award Finalist
Memberships & Affiliations
- ACT Supreme Court & Barrister
- High Court of Australia Registered Practitioner
- Family Law Section
- ACT Law Society
- Women Lawyers Association
- Canberra Regional Family Law Practitioners Association (CRFLPA)
- Australian Legal Technology Association Advocate (ALTA)
Neota Logic Develops Divorce Doc Automation System, Artificial Lawyer
Separating Couples: Go Your Separate Ways but Together, B2B Magazine
AI and Family Law – Finding the algorithm for trust, Canberra Business News
Australian-first family law firm launched, Lawyers Weekly
From Top Tier to Online Sphere, Family Law Futures
An Amicable Divorce Lawyer, Lighthouse Business Innovation
As seen in…